Friday 22 January 2010

Swan Song




Yesterday when I woke I decided to go for a walk. Having received a text message the night before from my best friend to say she would see me for coffee in the morning I decided to invite her to join me.


I am lucky enough, although living on the very edge of what is geographically the city boundary, to live near what (if you ignore the hum of traffic) could be mistaken as open countryside. Both the river and the canal come almost to touching point very close to my home and a disused railway cutting has been converted into a public walk that runs from out in the county right to the heart of the city, it is used for joggers, dogwalkers, cyclists and horse riders (as well as middle aged friends wandering out for a head clearing stroll)


I took my camera and the sun blessed us with some wintery rays. It was a lovely morning and I came home feeling relaxed and invigorated.

The beautiful swan we spotted swimming upstream on the river and we clambered over a fence to take a closer look at him (luckily I had a little bread in my pocket to make his posing worthwhile).

No comments:

Post a Comment